The purpose of this project is to provide online treatment of insomnia patients through automatic consultation and recommending suitable course of action. The treatment of insomnia patients is based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, a highly effective treatment for insomnia.
MODULES: This Project is divided in four modules. All the four modules are suitably integrated. The four modules of the project are:
1. Automated consult preparation, 1. Automated Consult Preparation:
2. Sleep diary, Flash Sleep interview
3. Online content management
The treatment of insomnia patients is based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, a highly effective treatment for insomnia.
The treatment has eight sessions and each session is carefully designed and prepared according to individual needs. The sessions take place online, with a certified sleep behavioral therapist. The treatment plan is prepared on the basis of questions and answers about individual patient's behavior, feelings, sleep hygiene and use of sleeping aids. The treatment has eight sessions and each session is carefully designed and prepared according to individual needs. The sessions take place online, with a certified sleep behavioral therapist. Throughout the eight sessions of the treatment the therapist can monitor the changes in patient's sleep pattern with the help of the information from patient's 7 days sleep diary. The Sleep Study Portal's sleep therapist will do:
- Optimize the sleep pattern
- Optimize the sleep behavior
- Optimize the sleep environment
- Advise on preconceived notions
- Discuss challenges and thoughts
- Reinforce positive beliefs and thoughts
The software logic is developed in such a way that the consult is prepared and shown to the consultant. In case the consultant wishes to modify the treatment, he can just select or de-select the text templates and submit the page.
1.1 Key Challenges:
- To achieve the automatic prepared consult based on the sleep diary filled by the insomnia patient for a period of seven days.
- To develop the logic to include the complex calculations to calculate the average, median and standard deviation of variables like time to go to bed, time to get out of bed etc.
- To display the difference between the two consults.
- To display the weekly sleep pattern graphically.
1.2 How was it achieved?
- The logic was designed and developed at STPL to calculate the mean, median and the standard deviation of various sleep variables.
- Graphical presentation of sleep pattern was achieved by taking into account the sleep latency time, awakening minutes and other sleep timings. Classes were created to display them in the form of bar graphs as against standard bar.
- Logic to select or de-select the appropriate consult text templates based on the sleep diary data was implemented.
1.3 Advantages achieved by the Client:
- The consultant is presented with a pre-prepared consult.
- The consultant has to just select or de-select the check boxes adjacent to the text templates and the consult gets modified.
- There is graphical presentation of the sleep pattern which makes the patient as well as the consultant understand the patient’s sleep details.
- The consultant can view the difference between the sleep data of two diaries.
- Very helpful system to provide online treatment / consultancy to the insomnia patients which is convenient to both ie the consultant as well as patients.
- The efficiency of consultant is increased many folds and he/she can provide treatment to large no. of patients in a short time.
- Patients globally can get treatment of insomnia online.
2. Self test and sleep interview Implementation in flash
Flash technology is used to display the self test and sleep interview modules for the analysis of sleep pattern of any visitor.
- Display questions dynamically on the flash component.
- Design a visually attractive flash component with various controls for entry purpose along with proper validations.
- Automated time entries.
- Display intermediate and summarized results depending on the questions answered in the two modules.
2.2 How was it achieved?
- Proper expertise in flash scripting was used to design the flash component which suited the client’s requirements.
- Brainstorming and innovative ideas led to achieve the desired features of self test and sleep interview modules.
- Expertise in XML was used to fetch the questions dynamically on the components.
- Logic was used to display the intermediate as well as the summarized results.
2.3 Advantages achieved by the Client:
- The modules are attractive enough to have more and more visitors for the site.
- Ease of time entry in the sleep interview module.
- The questions and the results texts can be edited online via the XML editor.
3. Online Content Management
To provide online editing of the site contents in a secured way so that editing and manipulating site texts become much easier and quicker and the reflection can be viewed on the site in just a single click.
- To create proper XML files to store various editable texts in the form of different nodes.
- To provide the editable texts in the form of tree view interface to the admin user.
- To reflect the changes on the site done via editing the XML.
- To save the edited XMLs in proper format.
- To implement security for using the online XML editor.
3.2 How was it achieved?
- The latest technology provided in the dot net framework version 2.0 was studied and XML nodes are created in the form of tree view. On clicking the proper node on the left side of the tree view, its text gets displayed at the right side and the changes can be done by editing the text. A Save button was provided, clicking which the edited XML gets saved.
- Another button was created, clicking which the XML files storing the site contents would get loaded again and the reflection could be seen by viewing the appropriate pages.
- Brainstorming lead to the evolution of the desired logic to provide login page in the administrator module at a common place to implement the security.
3.3 Advantages achieved by the Client:
- The client can edit then and there any content used in the site.
- The complete site is dynamic and any change required can be implemented in no time.
- The site contents are presented in an easy and understandable format in the form of a tree view.